Evaluating and Preparing your Facility for Wireless Network Installation
Implementing a wireless network is a secure and efficient way to communicate throughout your facility. However, it’s important to know where each access point should be placed for the best coverage. Paragon offers our customers a wireless site survey to plan and design their network to guarantee optimal capacity and define the boundaries of the signal.
A wireless, or “RF” survey is the first step to providing a modern and convenient method for transferring data throughout your enterprise.
Steps to Complete a Site Survey with Paragon:
1. The customer provides building’s layout, maps, or blueprints. The more detailed, the better.
- Customer provides layout of any existing AP’s
- Existing RF network will be monitored for gaps in coverage
- Customer is notified that a lift will be needed during the site survey
- Scissor or boom lift needed to place RF test cells.
2. Site survey engineer is sent on-site to perform RF site survey.
- General walk through of facility performed and items of interest documented
- Any existing RF network is monitored for current coverage and performance
- RF test cell units are placed at preliminary installation locations
- A connection between the RF test cell and our RF analyzer is established
- Connection is monitored and documented within the RF test cell boundaries
- Areas of low signal quality and obstructions are documented and accounted for
- Facility is monitored for RF quality, RF range, RF noise, and RF obstructions
3. Gathered documentation and facility information is entered into Paragon RF site survey software using the Zebra Enterprise WLAN Planner
- All information from step 2 is entered into Paragon’s RF site survey software
- Obstructions, RF noise, or anything that can affect AP signal is identified
- Software provides precise AP locations based upon gathered facility data
- AP heat maps are produced after AP locations have been calculated
- Heat maps correlate to RF signal strength, throughput, noise, etc.
4. Report is assembled by Paragon technician and delivered to the customer for final plan evaluation
- Steps 2 and 3 are combined into the report, which typically includes 1 page per AP + standard report pages (contents, introduction, etc.)
- Recorded facility details
- Documented and mapped AP locations
- AP heat maps to visualize RF signal
- Detailed layout map for installation of AP/cable runs
- Paragon limitations and terms of service
The Paragon Guarantee:
If we perform your site survey and you purchase the AP’s and installation from Paragon, we guarantee full facility RF coverage
Why Should you Invest in a Consultation?
Today’s world of global commerce is a fiercely competitive marketplace. Successful companies need to invest in innovative technologies that allow them to provide products and services faster, cheaper, and more efficiently than their rivals. However, the real-world constraints of limited time and resources makes it risky to implement new technologies without knowing if they are the best choice for a specific application or business process.
Paragon offers a consultation and site survey as a guaranteed way to figure out whether your facility can support a wireless network BEFORE you purchase any hardware or software. When you work with us, you can set yourself apart from the competition and work with leading industry experts to create your ultimate solution.
They are one of the most wonderful companies to work with. Always professional and willing to do whatever they can to make the SafeBaby Solution easy to implement. I was especially impressed during implementation when the team would adjust programming on the fly to suit our needs…..They are always looking at the program and talking to the people that are actually using it to make improvements. Recently, we had a baby with a wrong sticker and SafeBaby® caught it. But not only does it catch misfeeds on a regular basis, it also warns of expired milk. That is where we see a lot of benefit from the system.
We have been using Paragon DSI for many years. The products are price competitive and the service is fantastic. As a manufacturing company, Paragon has been very helpful in supplying needed parts to our facility in time critical situations. We are most appreciative of the service Paragon supplies.
Paragon’s knowledgeable staff have exceeded our company’s expectations in every respect by providing first-class technical support, money-saving solutions and reliable products, time after time.
It’s beneficial to use the Traceability program in our harvesting process. It tells us when the berries were picked and who picked them, and logs the data automatically into our records. If we ever needed to run traceability application, we can show the exact plants the fruits came from. Customers appreciate the transparency, and I appreciate the peace of mind.
In February 2015, I was given the task of bringing our company into compliance with the new GHS (Globally Harmonized System) standards by the June 1st deadline. I began working with Paragon and within a short time was up and running with the best printers and label stock in the industry. The Epson GP-C831 and TM-3500 are perfect for our applications and the Kimdura label stock is flawless. Paragon, and in particular sales executive Jim Unger, is second to none in providing valued support in a timely manner which is just a phone call away! I strongly recommend Paragon to anyone in my field.